1. We ... very hungry.
2. __________ has long hair.
4. __________ book is this?
5. Is this your bike?
Yes, it is
Yes, I am
No we’re no
6. Where are my gloves?
It is in the bag
No, it isn’t
They’re on the table
Yes, they are
7. _____? I’m John
Where are you?
Who are you?
When are you?
How are you?
8. Whose sunglasses are these?
It is Barry’s
They of Barry
Barry has them
9. What’s your favourite sport?
Best is football
I like football best
Football is better
I play football
10. What do you do?
I’m fine, thanks
I am reading a book
I am teacher
Yes, I do
11. Where do you work?
In a school
Twice a week
12. Juan is very tall. He’s the ___ boy in the class.
13. Victor doesn’t have ____ brothers.
14. Claire’s mother is____cook in the family
15. Every Saturday Paul_____ to a football match.
16. Juan Carlos comes from ____ big city in Spain
17. What did Marie eat for dinner?
She eats a salad
She ate a salad
She’s eating a salad
No, she didn’t
18. _____ ? The football match.
What was on TV last night?
Did you like it?
How long did it last?
Who did you see?
19. Over two thousand people work here,_____ ?
20. You enjoyed your holiday in Greece,___?
21. What were you doing on Saturday morning?
I was taking the dogs for a walk
I’ll take the dogs for a walk
I take the dogs for a walk
I am taking the dogs for a walk
22. How long does the journey last?
It has lasted 6 hours
It lasted more than 17 hours
No, it will be first
It lasts about 17 hours
23. Did you use to have dancing lessons?
Yes, I do
Yes, I danced
Yes, I did
Yes, I am
24. When was the Brazilian drum concert?
It isn’t today!
No, I wasn’t!
It was on Saturday evening
It’s on Saturday evening
25. It’s freezing out there, you ___ wear a coat.
26. ___ car parks open at 3:00am?
27. Not many people know ____ Cardiff used to be a Roman settlement.
28. “Congratulations, you’ve won one million Euros. If I were you, I ____ invest the money for the future.”
29. It sounds great! I have a brochure from the Tourist Information office _____
me all about it.
30. This book was written 150 years ____
31. Thanks for ____ to be interviewed for the Gazette, Mr Smith.
32. Is it true that you ____ here in London?
have been born
33. If I ____ known you were coming, I should have made some dinner.
34. Alia can’t come this evening, she’s looking ____ her little sister.
35. He doesn’t like _____ of it. It was a long time ago.
to be reminded
36. The food in that new restaurant was so awful that I ___ eat it.
37. This year our company is expected to ____ £1.4 million before tax.
38. ____ being in pain, Charles was not admitted to hospital.
39. For the past decade parents have been _____ with information about nutrition in the press and on television.
40. I think I ought to try somewhere else, I don’t like _____ of these.
41. Before your exam yesterday, you ____ really nervous!
must have been
should have been
42. If you had told me that you had already been to Egypt, I wouldn’t ____ the holiday in Cairo