Ask questions to the underlined words in the text above.
III. Give the definition of the word boat.
IV. Choose the correct definition.
1. to run out of = a) to secretly leave a place where you should stay
b) to use all of something and not have any left
2. rough = a) difficult to travel on
b) able to move fast3. towards = a) in a particular direction
b) nearer the front
V. Write short sentences to show how the writer and her brother felt at these times:1. When things started to go wrong.
2. When Peter couldn't find the spare petrol can.
3. When they discovered that the life-jackets weren't on the boat.
4. When a fishing boat appeared round the point.
VI. Last month you went on a trip to the mountains. Write about the preparations (list, packing) you made before leaving, and the main points on the agenda. Give your composition a title. Write about 150 (+ 10) words.